28 February, 2011

Bye bye morning sickness

Time is flying by faster and faster. Headaches are gone! Morning sickness is only a vague memory and I am not even tired anymore during the day. What a relief. Dreaming like mad though.
17 weeks already and growing. Clothes are starting to feel tighter so shopping time is soon.
Liv's interest in babies is growing too. If we are in a cafe and a baby comes she is asking to go to say hello.

Last weekend we went to visit her friend Hannah (and my friend Stephanie). She had a 2nd baby girl 4 months ago. Liv was very sweet and gentle, 'making coffee' for the baby.
She is a bit worried about the word 'big' sister. She likes the word 'petite' (small) and has associated it with cute. Therefore I am now telling her she is going to be a sister and I think she likes that.

So now that things are a bit smoother it is time to start being organized. It is new to me to work and being pregnant. Last time, being a dive instructor I stopped straight away (real luxury). Now I need to think Maternity Leave, Creche, Going back to Work with 2 kids...interesting. And all that in a country I do not speak the language. Thankfully my husband does and he is of great help, but really I need to make learning the language my priority. Dutch isn't the easiest language to learn, I tell you.

We have also finally decided to do some home improvement an get rid of this ugly carpet and replace it with wood. Cant wait!

I am also looking forward to go to Maastricht at the end of March. I have a 4 days weekend starting with my 20 week scan. All of us will be going. I am wondering how Liv is going to take it to see the baby. And then we are off to Onno's hometown.