02 February, 2011

12 1/2 weeks - Nuchal

It kept me awake for a few days. For some reason 2 weeks ago when I was at the hospital for the blood test the mid-wife talked and talked about trisomy to the point of me asking her why she was putting so much emphasize on it. They have to I guess and it did put pressure on me.
Husband came along. Baby was sleeping or simply not cooperating at all during the scan. Thank God the results were immediate and they are good! What a relief. I can now breathe and look forward.

It is always so emotional to see your baby in the first weeks as you can see it full, not in parts as it happens in the 20 weeks scan. I always feel like I am gonna cry.

Liv is so aware of the baby as well. I am surprised since there is nothing to see at all yet. Today she asked for two babies :-) She is great.

We have now passed the "critical" period and we can slowly start thinking of names. Well, we still have a boy's name from Liv pregnancy :-) and I found a new one this morning. But they will stay secret until the birth, like last time.